Whatsapp has become a staple app in the field of instant messaging and communications. When WhatsApp introduced the voice and video call feature, users met it with great excitement from users. The opportunity to be able to make calls free of expensive call-tariffs was definitely something users were excited about. As long as one has access to the internet either via wi-fi or mobile data, they can enjoy long conversations without worrying about charges.
However, the experience isn’t always great. Like with most mobile apps, it suffers from the occasional glitches and bugs, which renders some of its features unusable at the time. Almost everyone has been in one of these unpleasant situations; it could be that the app suddenly freezes in the middle of a call, or you can’t see or even hear the person on the other end. Here are a few things you can do to ensure that your Whatsapp call goes smoothly.
WhatsApp Call Not Working: What To Do
- Ensure you have a strong internet connection: The reason behind a shaky WhatsApp call is poor internet connection. Whatsapp calls require a large bandwidth for your call to work properly. Make sure you’re not on a poor wi-fi network and not out of mobile data.
- Restart the app: You know how people say, “there’s no better place to start than the beginning?” Well, that applies even here. Sometimes the best thing to do is to restart the app. Simply closing and opening the app again might fix your problems.
- Grant Permissions: Another reason your WhatsApp call might not be working properly is that you might have denied WhatsApp permission to use some software on your phone. For instance, if you’re not granted WhatsApp permission to use the camera or microphone on your phone, the other person might be unable to see or hear you while you’re talking to them. To resolve this, simply go to your phone settings, search for apps, click on WhatsApp, then permissions and select the camera and microphone option to grant WhatsApp access to these resources.
- Restart your phone: Sometimes, having a lot of apps on your phone could cause it to misbehave. Too many apps running could clog up your phone’s RAM. Restarting your phone is one of the quickest and most efficient ways to ensure that these apps are closed and that RAM is freed up on your device.
- Update the app: Another reason your call isn’t working properly could be that the version of the app on your phone is outdated. Apps are regularly updated to give you better functions and the best experience. Depending on what device you use, you can update WhatsApp from either the google play store or the Ios store to give you access to all the latest features.
Being unable to connect or having proper calls on WhatsApp is a common issue amongst most users. However, following the steps listed above could ensure that you are connected back to your loved ones and can enjoy WhatsApp calls.