National Identification Number (NIN) registration by Nigerians dates back to 2007. A new development emerged this year to link your NIN to your sim. Shortly after, controversy arose about the linking of one’s NIN with sim, however, we can’t rule out the fact it’s very essential, failure to do that means the blockage of your sim/sims. What’s more? To link your NIN to your sim (MTN, GLO, Airtel) doesn’t take anything from you and it’s as straightforward as ABC!. The deadline for the linking was October 31st, 2021. They’ve shifted it to the last day in 2021 because the Nigerian government doesn’t want your sim blocked.
Here’s your chance. Please don’t lose it, follow the article swiftly as I’ll explain how you’ll link your NIN to your MTN, GLO, Airtel sims
How to Link NIN to Your Sim:
Every network has its unique way of linking up your sim but you don’t need to worry, because I’ll explain how’ll link your NIN with all networks, let’s dive in!
Here’s How to Link NIN to your Glo
As a Glo subscriber, send “UPDATENIN NIN Your Firstname and Lastname to 109. You can decide to pay a visit to Glo center close by and that settles it.
Here’s How to Link NIN to Mtn
Mtn provided diverse ways customers can link their NIN, they include;
1. You can either dial *785#, put in your NIN afterward, and click the send button to submit or you can choose the simpler way i.e., dial *785*NIN#, it’ll link your NIN immediately.
2. If you’ve got the MyMTN app, open it. You’ll see procedures on how to link your NIN, so follow the steps. And if you don’t have the app but you’ll love to use it instead, download the app through google play store/Apple play store and follow the same procedures.
3. Another way is to go to visit their website, and as expected, follow the steps.
Here’s How to Link NIN to 9mobile
9moblile users couldn’t link NIN to their sim before, however, not quite long, 9mobile provided a means for users to link their NIN.
What you’ll have to do is, punch *200*8# and dial it or go to their website, or visit the nearest Glo center.
Here’s How to Link NIN to Airtel
For a quick method, punch *121*1# and dial it or you can decide to visit their website. Their website link is https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin/.
Here’s How to Link NIN to your Sim Using NINC App
Perhaps you want to link your NIN with the NINC app directly. I got you!
- First, download the app, if you’ve got none, you can just click https://nimc.gov.ng/mobile-digital-i, follow the whole sign-up process.
- The next thing is to log in to your profile with the “Security pin” you’ve set up.
- Then click MyDevice which is located at the bottom right part of your profile of the app.
- Click Add Number next to fill in your number, this is to send you an OTP.
- Type the OTP number and you’re done. With the app, you can link as many lines as you desire, the maximum is seven sims.
That’s all there’s to “how to link your NIN to your sim”, as you can see, the steps are straightforward. So nothing stops you from preventing the blockage of your sim now.
However, if you’ve lost your NIN number, there’s no cause for alarm, dialing *345# on your phone, settle it, or pay a visit to the NIMC office nearby.
You Can Also Check: Fake Airpods: How to Tell Fake AirPods From the Original
You Can Also Check: List of Tecno Phones and their Prices in Nigeria
You Can Also Check: How to Register for the NPHCDA COVID-19 Vaccine in Nigeria.